Primary 2 Chinese Enrichment (小二华文强化班)
- Booking Fee: $100.00
Full Class Price: $224 per term
Disclaimer: Booking Fee will be used to offset full class price. Balance payment to be made at the centre before commencement of class.
Thursday (5.15pm - 6.45pm) - $224
What’s the difference between Chinese Enrichment and Chinese Tuition? Tuition basically works on strengthening your child’s ability to perform academically based on current school syllabus. Enrichment on the other hand, approaches learning on a wider basis - the focus is on expansion beyond the school curriculum. When it comes to language learning, there’s really no limit to how much a child can absorb - the key is in offering the appropriate exposure and the right environment for immersion.
Our Chinese Enrichment programme works on using stories as foundation for teaching – whatever is covered in schools’ textbooks will be expanded in our curriculum planning through creative approaches. We all agree that rote learning is a thing of the past. To engage a child in effective learning, FUN is the big word – a child must be able to behave like a child with no boundaries on imagination!
Rest assured that our lessons do not feel like “having just another session in the school”. The child gets to be in touch with his/her innate enthusiasm and individual creativity will be encouraged and prized upon, allowing the child to feel empowered with learner autonomy and at the same time, engaged in the process of self-discovery.
We aim to enlist a multi-faceted pedagogy approach to ensure that lessons are carried out through an array of fun activities built on:
- Word Recognition
- Point and Read
- Language Games
- Theatre Games
- Flash Cards with Words (within and beyond textbooks)
- Chinese Calligraphy
- Cultural Craft Work and Painting
- Redicals Recognition and Writing
- Construction of Words to Form Sentence
- Creative Writing
- Show and Tell
- Picture Description
- Reading Sentences & Short Stories
- Punctuation, Quantifiers and Radical
- Hanyu Pinyin
|Term 3 (2020) Schedule|
|Lesson 1||Lesson 2||Lesson 3||Lesson 4||Lesson 5||Lesson 6||Lesson 7||Lesson 8|
|16 Jul||23 Jul||30 Jul||6 Aug||13 Aug||20 Aug||27 Aug||3 Sep|
- Enrolment is on a first-come-first-served basis. Full term fees must be payable for all reservations.
- All fees must be made by the 1st lesson. A 5% late charge will be levied for late payments.
- A one-time registration fee of $20 is applicable for all new enrolments.
- A $100 deposit is payable at the point of registration and is non-transferable.
- 1 month written notice of withdrawal must be dated and given to Apple Pie Language before a new school term in order to qualify for a refund and to avoid the forfeiture of the deposit.
- There will be strictly no refund or proration of registration and course fees once payment has been made.
- Registration and course fees are non-transferable.
- Class will only commence once the minimum number of sign-up has been reached. Minimum class size: 5
- There will be no replacement of lesson if the child is absent.
- Apple Pie Language reserves the right to change teachers in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Apple Pie Language shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or mishap sustained during classes or on the school premises.
- Apple Pie Language reserves the right to use photographs and/or videos of children registered for this programme.
- Please take note that this is a progressive course that occurs throughout the year.
- These terms and conditions are subjected to change without prior notice at anytime, in Apple Pie Language’s sole discretion.