Chinese Speech & Drama (华文演艺班)
- Booking Fee: $100.00
Full Class Price: $240 per term
Disclaimer: Booking Fee will be used to offset full class price. Balance payment to be made at the centre before commencement of class.
Level: K2, P1
Saturday (1.00pm - 2.30pm) - $240
Right from the start of formal learning at Primary 1, children are required to present themselves through “Show & Tell”. And the “Creative Writing” component has always carried weighted marks as paper 1 of the language papers. Even oral exams expect the child to process quickly on the spot what a picture tells, and what the possible consequences and repercussions can result in beyond what is pictured, expressing through their own words formulated through their imagination and logical thinking. All these thought processes will become second-nature to them if they have been given lots of opportunities to allow new ways of thinking and trying out new ideas on problem-solving.
Therefore, it is fascinating to use role-playing and make-believe play as a medium to act out fictitious roles and life situations to stimulate children to live through the emotions, reflect and practise being an independent thinker. This creative way of teaching is both an art form as well as an education and thus the term – “Drama in Education”.
Our Chinese Speech & Drama programme is a holistic approach that uses “Drama in Education” as its backbone. We employ theatre techniques to initiate and enhance the learning process of children. Its pedagogical philosophies underscore the development of intra-personal and inter-personal skills, empathy for others, self-regulation on emotional management, personal and social values, aesthetics, self-confidence and many other intangible insights that fosters emotional and mental growth in children. These will be honed through Speech Articulation, Language Games, Show & Tell, Poetry & Rhymes Recitation, Role Play, Tongue Twisters, Story-Telling, Dramatization, Mime & Movement and last but not least, Stage Performance.
Self-discovery is self-empowerment. And this self-belief system that enhances learner autonomy will undoubtedly remain a powerful influence in their life-long learning!
|Term 1 (2020) Schedule|
|Lesson 1||Lesson 2||Lesson 3||Lesson 4||Lesson 5||Lesson 6||Lesson 7||Lesson 8|
|11 Jan||18 Jan||1 Feb||8 Feb||15 Feb||22 Feb||29 Feb||7 Mar|
No lessons on 25 Jan (Sat) due to Chinese New Year
- Enrolment is on a first-come-first-served basis. Full term fees must be payable for all reservations.
- All fees must be made by the 1st lesson. A 5% late charge will be levied for late payments.
- A one-time registration fee of $20 is applicable for all new enrolments.
- A $100 deposit is payable at the point of registration and is non-transferable.
- 1 month written notice of withdrawal must be dated and given to Apple Pie Language before a new school term in order to qualify for a refund and to avoid the forfeiture of the deposit.
- There will be strictly no refund or proration of registration and course fees once payment has been made.
- Registration and course fees are non-transferable.
- Class will only commence once the minimum number of sign-up has been reached. Minimum class size: 5
- There will be no replacement of lesson if the child is absent.
- Apple Pie Language reserves the right to change teachers in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Apple Pie Language shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or mishap sustained during classes or on the school premises.
- Apple Pie Language reserves the right to use photographs and/or videos of children registered for this programme.
- Please take note that this is a progressive course that occurs throughout the year.
- These terms and conditions are subjected to change without prior notice at anytime, in Apple Pie Language’s sole discretion.